Trial Assemblies of shipping elements – Steel/ Concrete/ Wooden Constructions
PERFORMING CONSTRUCTION TRIAL ASSEMBLY USING 3D SCANNING
A key point of manufacturing steel structures is a trial assembly of the shipping components, which is used for geometrical verification of works. For large objects, when it is impossible to assemble the whole structure, at least two adjacent sections are connected to each other. Traditional method of trial assembling, which was briefly described above, causes many technical issues, which don’t exist in 3d scanning methods.
ADVANTAGES OF TRIAL CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLY USING 3D FARO X130 SCANNER: Reduction of investment completion time.
- The measurement can be made during section assembling, not as in the traditional methods only after all work is completed.
- The measurement time is much shorter
- No need to engage your own employees to perform a trial assembly (i.e. transport and positioning of supports, scaffoldings and assembly sections) allows you to allocate them for other tasks.
- Shorten time of making elements ready for shipping.
- Czas wykonania montażu na budowie skraca się dzięki większej dokładności wykonanych elementów.
- The time required for assembling at the construction site is reduced due to the better accuracy of the elements.
- Done by one person
- The measurement is made in the same place where shipping element is manufactured. No need to use gantries or cranes.
- The measurement can be done for any position of element, without need of geodetic setup
- No need to make additional supports for positioning a section for trial assembly
- Less space required for construction manufacturing and its trial assembly.
Higher precision and higher quality of constructed structure:
- The measurement accuracy is +/- 2mm
- Quantity of measurement points is up to 976 000 / second
- Graphical interpretation of measured deformations let us to achieve very accurate localization of failure points